I love makeup. Plain and simple. I love finding new products and seeing what works best for me. I have a mix between drug store and high end makeup products that are what I use on a daily basis. Right now I have more drugstore in my collection and am loving I have been finding such great products at affordable prices. Before I get into the makeup I wanted to mention some of the brushes I use. They are the Real Techniques brushes and are amazing quality. I get them at Ulta and they are extremely affordable. Brushes can really break the bank and these are a great way to get quality brushes at an affordable price.
These are my basic makeup musts! I have a daily routine and then from that venture out to do more fancy things on weekends or nights. Here are some of my basic steps.
1) I always start with moisturizer. My favorite right now is the Olay Fresh Effects Dew Over.
2) Covergirl & Olay Simply Ageless councelor. I use number 215. It has moisturizer mixed in and gives a great soft and brightening look.
3) Covergirl Outlast Stay Fabulous foundation in medium beige. Love this for summer! Gives a flawless glow.
4) NYC Smooth Skin Bronzing Face Powder. This stuff is AMAZING. It always makes my foundation look 10 times better and gives me an extra glow.
5) Rockateur blush by Benefit. This is a little bit of a splurge but totally worth it in my book. Gives your cheeks a beautiful shimmer. I really love any of the Benefit boxed blushes. I then top it off with some MAC Mineralized Skin Finish in soft and gentle as a highlight and it makes those cheeks pop!
6) My brows! One of my favorite steps… I use the Anastasia eye brow powder and its wonderful. Another little splurge but with the amount you use it lasts pretty much a lifetime. I then usually comb through them to straighten them out and add some clear mascara on top to hold them in place.
7) I then finish with my favorite mascaras. I am always changing them up but right now I love pairing my Covergirl Clump Crusher with my Loreal Voluminous mascara.
* On days that I don’t want to be to fancy or don’t have time I stop there and go for a more natural put together look. If not I will add some eye shadow. The Naked pallets are my favorite at the moment. They have gorgeous colors and you can do so many different looks with them. And then I will top it off with some Maybelline Master Precise black eye liner on the top.
What are your go-to makeup products? I always love finding and trying new ones.