I am SO excited because today I have Kristin from Pursuit of A New Adventure guest posting here! Kristin asked me this past weekend if I would like to guest post for her and of course I jumped at the opportunity and asked her as well:) Kristin is the sweetest and has been one of my first blog friends! That girl cracks me up and man can she write! Kristin not only just published a novel which I downloaded immediately but her blog is absolutely one of my favorites whether she is talking about her day, writing a story, or posting awesome quotes. She actually used to live right by where I live now and once we found that out it was a bond! If you haven’t yet, make sure to go and check her out! Also, I did a guest post for Kristin’s blog as well so make sure to go over and check that out as well:) I am talking all about my top 5 favorite vacations and the top 5 vacations on my bucket list!! Now let’s get to her post:)
Things I learned from blogging:
1. People are more supportive than competitive. I have met the coolest people since I started blogging. People on WordPress are super supportive! Even on Twitter I’ve met other writers who really just want to see me succeed because they know what it’s like to be a new blogger in a big, big world.
2. If I have a more versatile blog I can post more often and I get more readers. There will always be something new to talk about and it keeps it fresh.
3. You get real life experience. Instead of reading online reviews or advertisements from people you don’t know about countries, restaurants, hobbies, etc., you can see what it’s like to travel with personalized stories from people you have grown to trust through their online friendship rapport.
4. You don’t have to be the best writer. Sometimes you can just vent about your day or check out other people’s blogs. It’s supposed to be fun. I don’t rack my brain about stats and who said what. Besides you can ignore negative comments since the person bothering you isn’t in front of you. Don’t you wish some people had a delete button in real life?
5. All the products and outcomes of people who used them. We girls love our products. It’s fun to read these makeup and clothing reviews.
Things I want to learn from blogging:
1. How to do better visuals. I really skimp on the visuals and I’m not an artistic person so my blog isn’t as physically appealing as some and doesn’t draw a lot of attention and I think that’s the reason.
2. Publishing skills! A lot of my blogging companions are self-publishing experts and I just published my novel earlier this month. Marketing is not my friend. Is it anyone’s unless they studied marketing.
3. How to be a more creative writer. I like to tell stories but sometimes I read other writer’s stories and admire their descriptions of events. I would like to be more descriptive when I write.
4. I want even more friends. Okay that’s not a learned thing but a benefit. Can’t have too many friends!
5. How to take selfies. I cannot! My arms aren’t long enough and I refuse to buy a large stick to place my phone on and take pictures of myself. I need author photos and the only people who understand me are other bloggers who live far, far away in blogging land!
photo credit: <a href=”http://www.flickr.com/photos/25467267@N00/271838940″>B&W Typewriter</a> via <a href=”http://photopin.com”>photopin</a> <a href=”https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-nd/2.0/”>(license)</a>