With the holidays all around us right now I can’t help but be so thankful for the people and things I have in my life! Brittany from The Kingdom of Sequins nominated me for this challenge and I couldn’t wait to participate! I feel like this is such a good one and so good for the soul:) If you haven’t yet, you should definitely check out Brittany’s blog! She is one of my favorites to read. She has an adorable family and the BEST fashion ever. I mean seriously, I always look at her outfits for inspiration! Now, lets get into it!
- Share this image in your blog post
- Write about 5 people in your life you are thankful for
- Write about 5 things in 2015 you are thankful for
- Spread the love and challenge 5 other blogs to take part
The ones I am thankful for:) Warning, It’s about to get sappy! 😉
- I am forever thankful for Nick. My wonderful boyfriend who supports me always and is always there for me. The way he loves me is beyond anything else. He is the most kind person I have ever met and I am so lucky to have him in my life, everyday, living this crazy life with me.
- My sister, she is my best friend and the person who really understands me most. I honestly wish I could see her everyday. She is there for me when I need her and shows me how to be such a loving and forgiving person. She’s also seven years younger and teaching me all of these things. People say we look like twins and even though I used to hate it, I love it now. Hopefully we always do, that means I’m aging well;)
- My parents. They are the most supportive and loving people in my life. I could do anything and they would be proud of me. They have taught me valuable lessons in life and continue to support me everyday. I know I can always go to them for help and the fact that they moved to be closer to me makes my heart fill with happiness always.
- My Nana and Poppy. They passed away years ago. I can’t even believe it has been that long. I am still thankful for everything they have done and still do for me.I always think about them, everyday of my life and remember the love they had for me and the things they have taught me. Never have I felt more love then with them. Such a pure sweet love and I’m so happy I got as many years as I did with them.
- My friends. I am pretty lucky and have such amazing friends. Friends from back home that still keep in touch and even though I am now hours away. Especially the friends I have made here and have grown to be my best friends. I’m extremely lucky to have a best friends so close to me that can hang out most weekends. With this month being so busy we realized we aren’t going to be able to see each other much and actually panicked for a moment because thats just not acceptable! My friends are my family and I love those crazies! They make me laugh and keep my young!
2015 loves 🙂
- Going to Disneyland for our Anniversary. It was such an amazing trip and such a special trip together:) Especially the night of our anniversary where Nick surprised me with an amazing dinner at Carthay Circle in California Adventure.
- My very first trip to New York. It was amazing beyond words and I’m so unbelievably thankful I could go on an amazing trip like that and with my favorite people.
- My family was able to buy an amazing house very close to me and that makes me so happy. When I moved here I was so happy to finally be with Nick but so sad leaving my family. Even at 24 I still am so connected to them and seeing them once in a long while wasn’t enough. Now they are just a very short drive away and that is something to be thankful for:)
- Loosing 35 pounds. In January of this year Nick and I put our health first. We stayed motivated and really helped each other through the whole process of eating better and working out. We did it the healthy way and they “slow” way. We were there for each other and succeeded. We both lost 30-35 pounds and are healthier and happier for it. No, weight isn’t everything but life is. I want to live a long and happy life and if I can do anything to help that I will. Taking care of my body is one way of doing that. It helped my health and also my confidence. I stand up straighter and with a great self worth. I taught myself that this year and will hold on to that for hopefully forever.
- Love being all around. I’ve had friends get engaged, married and pregnant this year. Love is all around and it constantly is making me smile. We have a wedding coming up next year and it all just makes me excited for the future. Sometimes its easy to get caught up in the negative stuff thats going on and that won’t help anything. There are positive things going on every day too, you just have to look for them.
No one is obligated to do this tag, but I would love to read more of what everyone is thankful for this year! I nominate:
I wish I could nominate everyone! If you are reading this and would like to participate please do! Posts like these are so fun and I love reading them. What is something you are thankful for this year? I hope you are having a great week!